martes, 8 de noviembre de 2011

An Interesting Interview to Gladys Ames - Quechua

1.    Which is your native language?
My native language is Quechua
2.    Where were you born exactly?
I was born in a town that is near Llanganuco lake, called Masqui, it is on the hill in front of Piscobamba and near the town of Lucma. It is in the Department of Ancash.
3.    What economic activities are practiced in your country?
More than anything, planting crops in the fields and raising animals like the pig, bull, guinea pigs and chickens. Most houses have small farms and from there, they get their food.
4.    What type of clothing is used?
We use bulky skirts of different colors, but they are not used much, now people use clothes as here in Lima, shorts and shirts, in the winter we use sweaters and warm clothes to protect ourselves from the cold.
5.    What kind of food predominates? And what is the speciality?
The predominant is the natural food. Most food is obtained from the farms and crops, not many bagged products with preservatives are used like in Lima, the speciality is the guinea pig and the Toccos, in my case, my family prepare very well the guinea pig, so I can say that it is my speciality and my husband's speciality is preparing Toccos.
         6.    Does all your family speak your native language?
    Yes, all my family, my parents used to speak Quechua, I learned from them, my husband and siblings also speak it and some of my cousin too. But my sons don’t speak it.
7.    What legends could you tell us about your native land?
     A well-known legend is the one about the huacos, it’s been known that on the nights, the huaqueros take out the huacos from the hills and that’s like a tradition from Masqui.  
8.    What touristic places would you recommend us?
     In my town, you can go to the principal square, in front of it you’ll find a church surrounded by houses and shops. Then you can go up and you’ll see farms and houses through a rocky path. But talking about the most visited touristic places, near my town is Piscobamba, a wonderful town too, also the Llanganuco lake, Caraz, Carwaz and Yungay which is five hours away from Masqui.
9.    Would it be good that the mayority of the Peruvians know this language? Why?
    Yes it is, because is always good to know more about your country to have the opportunity of sharing it with the ones who don’t know about it. And to disseminate part of the peruvian culture and don’t lose speakers, for example, there are many unknown amazon languages that are becoming extinct, but I think the Quechua is progressing and being disseminated.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario